The (mobile) world as we will know it
According to a report by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU):
- "By the end of 2010, there will be an estimated 5.3 billion mobile cellular subscriptions worldwide, including 940 million subscriptions to 3G services.
- Access to mobile networks is now available to 90% of the world population and 80% of the population living in rural areas.
- People are moving rapidly from 2G to 3G platforms, in both developed and developing countries.
- In 2010, 143 countries were off ering 3G services commercially, compared to 95 in 2007.
- Towards 4G: a number of countries have started to off er services at even higher broadband speeds, moving to next generation wireless platforms – they include Sweden, Norway, Ukraine and the United States."
The full report is avaiable here.
Want to learn how the radical growth of mobile will affect you and your ability to deliver member value and maintain relevance? Then you don't want to miss digitalNow 2011 where we will be discussing "The Many Faces of Mobile." digitalNow 2011: April 6-9 at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Registration now open - Early Bird rates in effect!
Save the Date for DigitalNow 2011 - THE summit for association leaders. April 6-9 at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. www.DigitalNowConference.com