Today's solutions for tomorrow's problems
The Australian Commwealth Scientific and Industrial Reserach Organization (CSIRO) has recently published a report titled, Our Future World.
The report describes the outcomes from a CSRIO global foresight project and it presents "five global megatrends and global risks that may redefine how people live."
The five megatrends discussed are:
- More from less. The world's depleted resources will demand innovations in efficiency.
- A personal touch is about the growth of the services industry and innovations in targeted services.
- Divergent demographics - some countries have an aging population that is suffereing from "lifestyle and diet related health problems" while others are experiencing population growth and food shortages.
- On the move. People move more. They switch jobs. They move their families. They travel more.
- iWorld. "Everything in the natural world will have a digital counterpart."
Read the report here.
DigitalNow 2010 - a res