Balancing your (community) hats
Those of you who are, shall we say "seasoned," may remember watching Captain Kangaroo reading a book titled, "Hats for Sale," in which a hat salesman balanced his entire inventory on his head. Today's generation might retitle that book, "Communities to Manage."
- "The friend engages people individually.
- The recruiter persuades people to join the online community.
- The enforcer keeps things clean.
- The editor implements much of the community strategy.
- The entrepreneur looks for opportunities to add value to the community."
Detailed descriptions of each of these roles can be found on Rich's blog.
Do you have a place to hang all of these hats in your organization? Are several different people working to execute these roles, or is one person doing the balancing act? Leave a comment and share your best practices.
DigitalNow 2010 - a res