Saturday, February 16, 2008

Joining the DigitalNow Parade



Hi, my name is Linda Wedul. Thank you to Ben for inviting me to contribute to this blog. I am an avid blog reader but needed a little push to become an active blogger myself.

This will be my 5th time attending DigitalNow. I keep my conference notes, in fact, I recently revisited my notes from Jesse James Garrett’s sessions. Our Web team wrote a strategy document based on his 9 pillars of successful Web teams and it was definitely worth the effort. Like any strategy paper, the first one is a bear and then the yearly updates are a fraction of the time and a great opportunity to refocus.

A little bit about me. I work at the Minnesota Society of CPAs (9,000 members) as the Director of Member Relations and Marketing, although my name plate says Director of Smooth Sailing. Yes, I know most of the people that attend DigitalNow from other CPA societies (that is how I met Ben). I live in Farmington, Minnesota with my husband Dean. We have 2 children, 2 cats and we are a foster family for hearing and service dogs. We will be empty nesters in September – we are already (with great enthusiasm) planning September and January vacations.

My to do list includes reading Made to Stick and rereading The Long Tail before the conference. What is on your to do list to get the most out of DigitalNow?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home