2009 Web Predictions
Every year, the ReadWriteWeb authors at The New York Times make their predictions for the world of Web technologies and new media. What do they say is in store for 2009?:
- Yahoo sells to a big media company, but it won't be Microsoft
- Health web apps start getting attention from mainstream people and media
- Have cake and eat it too solutions will emerge as a strong option
- One or two interface developments will blow us away
- Professional twitterer becomes a real job.
- Consumer and regulatory backlash make online privacy into a key differentiator for major players.
- Streaming web video to the living room will go mainstream.
Visit NYTimes.com to read the full list of predictions in detail, and to see how the group scored on the predictions they made for 2008.
Follow DigitalNow on Twitter.
Contribute to the DigitalNow blog. Suggest a blog topic, or reference an article or other item you think would be of interest to the DigitalNow community. Drop us a line at DigitalNow@fusionproductions.com