20 Valuable Web 2.0 Tools for Business
Web 2.0 is spawning a unique and curious language. Are words like Ning, Twitter and Digg in your vocabulary? If you’re interested in capturing the power of Web 2.0, they should be. Below is an overview of some popular – and valuable – Web 2.0 tools and a brief description of how they can help you communicate, distribute, and organize information.
Keep in touch with colleagues and friends, and more with these tools.
- MySpace: “A place for friends.” Social networking, photo and video sharing. Appeals to a younger demographic (under 40).
- Facebook: Social networking with movement toward business networking. Appeals to a slightly older demographic than MySpace.
- Ning: Connect with other professionals
- Blog: A blog (short for weblog) is an online journal that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption.
- Meebo: Instant Messaging tool.
- LinkedIn: Business networking tool. Can also be used to establish groups (online communities).
- Twitter: Let people know where you are and what you’re up to in 140 characaters or less. Good way to reach people on mobile
- Utterz : Instant blogging with your mobile phone. Get messages out to key contacts instantly.
These tools make it easy to share information from anywhere.
- Flickr: This image distribution tool is a great way to share new image collections. You can create image sets with metadata, as well as take advantage of the many plugins available for Flickr users.
- YouTube: Distribution and sharing of video.
- Second Life: Virtual world.
- Wikipedia: Collaborative authoring to maintain and create a free online encyclopedia.
- PBWiki: Personal wiki platform.
- SlideShare: Share PowerPoint and other presentations publicly or privately.
- Digg: Collaborative tagging.
- StumbleUpon: Discovers web sites based on your interests, learns what you like and brings you more.
Keep all of your information handy and accessible with these tools.
- Del.icio.us: Keep track of all of your Internet favorites on this Web based tool, accessible from any computer.
- Pageflakes: Create your own personal home page in seconds.
- Connotea: Find,save, and share references
- Backpack: Organize info and share (To-dos, announcements, files, calendar)
Learn more about technology trends and tools at the DigitalNow Summit: Association Leadership in the Digital Age: April 23 - 26, 2008 at Disney's Contemporary Resort.
Can't make it to DigitalNow? Be sure to visit the official Web site April 23 - 26, 2008 for up-to-the-minute summit news and valuable content downloads.
Have you heard about the Fusion Productions Community of Practice platform? It's the first CoP platform to fully integrate social networking tools. Take the instant demo now.
Contribute to the DigitalNow blog. Suggest a blog topic, or reference an article or other item you think would be of interest to the DigitalNow community. Drop us a line at DigitalNow@fusionproductions.com