The Fourth Big Lie?
Popular myth tells us that the three big lies are:
- I gave at the office
- The check is in the mail
- I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you
Now Web 2.0 has served up the fourth big lie, according to BusinessWeek.com: I watch online videos
Why would someone lie about the frequency of their visits to sites such as YouTube.com and Hulu.com?
It's an age-old reason: They do it to look cool.
According to this article by Liz Gannes,"... a massive observational study concluded that people say they watch more online video than they actually do," but collecting actual metrics is a lot more complicated than you might think.
Questions for discussion:
- Do you watch online video?
- If so, do you do so for fun, business, or both?
- What kind of content do you look for?
- Have you ever created a video and shared it online? If so, what tool(s) and site(s) have you used?
Save the Date! DigitalNow 2010: April 11 - 10, 2010.
Follow DigitalNow on Twitter.
Contribute to the DigitalNow blog. Suggest a blog topic, or reference an article or other item you think would be of interest to the DigitalNow community. Drop us a line at DigitalNow@fusionproductions.com