20 reasons why 2009 will be the year of the Ebook
Gutenburg.com predicts that 2009 will be the year of the Ebook. Not least among the reasons is that the average high school student's backpack weighs about 20 pounds, while the latest ebook reader weighs only one pound.
Among the other reasons listed:
- Cost of entry is still low; potential is high
- Critical mass has been achieved; now it's about growth
- Millions of people will experience digital ink for the first time and they will love it
- It takes the same amount of digital resources to download 1,000 books as it does to download one movie
- Authors, publishers, and distributors benefit financially
Read the rest of the reasons at Gutenburg.com.
Learn about other important digital trends and how they affect your association at DigitalNow 2009: The premier conference for association leaders Early Bird Registration ends soon!
Follow DigitalNow on Twitter.
Contribute to the DigitalNow blog. Suggest a blog topic, or reference an article or other item you think would be of interest to the DigitalNow community. Drop us a line at DigitalNow@fusionproductions.com