Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A messsage from J. Clarke Price

For the past nine years, I’ve attended the DigitalNow conference, which is co-produced by Fusion Productions and Disney Institute. It’s always been a phenomenal program. The information, education and support from the community of my peers at DigitalNow have been instrumental in helping me meet the diverse challenges of effective association leadership.


This year more than ever, I am going to be relying on DigitalNow to put me in touch with the people I need to know and the tools I need to put into practice now if I’m to survive this tumultuous economy. We all know that it’s a tough business today, and only getting tougher. Figuring out what’s needed for my association to compete and succeed in the future is more difficult than it’s ever been.


At DigitalNow 2009, I’m looking forward to seeing how others are successfully incorporating new media tools such as YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. into their strategies to effectively reach out to the next generation of members. I will also be connecting with the community in order to see how solutions and strategies are already creating results for survival today, while still positioning associations for growth tomorrow.


I know you're grappling with these same issues, and I urge you to be part of the community and the conversation at DigitalNow as a means to learn about the solutions you need.


I also know that things are tough and you're in the position of making difficult decisions about expenditures – especially when it comes to travel. But DigitalNow is not a professional development activity – this year, it's about getting access to the critical information you need so that you'll still be left standing when the smoke clears.


Don't let knee-jerk, short-term decisions hinder both your short-term and long-term success. Join me at DigitalNow. When these tough times pass (and they will pass) the steps we take now will result in new skills and capabilities so we can face the future with renewed hope and confidence.


DigitalNow is being held April 15 – 18, 2009 at Disney's Yacht & Beach Clubs. To learn more and register, visit http://www.digitalnowconference.com.


Let's connect on site at DigitalNow and share ideas – our community is our greatest asset now.


Sincerely,
J. Clarke Price, CAE
President and Chief Executive Officer
Ohio Society of CPAs
DigitalNow Advisory Group Member

View the preliminary list of workshops at the official DigitalNow web site.


DigitalNow 2009: The premier conference for association leaders Early Bird Registration Still Available!

Follow DigitalNow on Twitter.

Contribute to the DigitalNow blog. Suggest a blog topic, or reference an article or other item you think would be of interest to the DigitalNow community. Drop us a line at DigitalNow@fusionproductions.com

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Bill Sheridan said...

Wonderful comments, Clarke. We're looking for a lot of the same answers. I'm looking forward to seeing you (and everyone else) in Orlando in April!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home